Open source information has become a crucial source of data for intelligence purposes. The trouble is, there are significant technical and organisational challenges that law enforcement and other government agencies face, including:
- Massive volumes of data, but a sparsity of useful information
- The dynamic nature of the data
- Foreign language barriers
- The increasing volume of multimedia content (images and video).
Fivecast delivers AI-powered solutions to help analysts separate the signal from the noise.
analyst-driven, targeted threat analysis
Designed for law enforcement and national security intelligence environments, the cloud-deployed software platform equips analysts with cutting-edge tools to monitor vast quantities of online open-source content efficiently, and effectively.
- Advanced network analysis
- Advanced behavioural risk analytics and visualisation
- Extraction and profiling for online footprints of persons, groups and networks
- Cloud-deployed, and accessed from a desktop via a web browser
- Purpose-built for national security users
There is no other tool on the market offering the same capabilities as Fivecast Insight.
automated bulk risk assessments
To address the market for automated bulk risk assessments, Fivecast is developing a new enterprise level product, Fivecast AI.
Fivecast AI will combine advanced data science techniques with existing world-leading capability in Fivecast Insight. It will significantly reduce the need for analyst intervention in high-volume risk assessment situations, including security vetting, insider threat assessment and visa risk assessment.
The system will conduct analysis automatically, flagging a percentage of high-risk targets for further review by a human analyst.
- Automated, ongoing and autonomous risk assessment
- Bulk risk-assessment of thousands to millions of entities of interest
- Advanced machine learning capability that can “understand” an entity from social media
- Advanced models, produced from deep learning, to quantify risks, topics, sentiment and perform user segmentation.
This will provide capability not currently available globally.
Fivecast AI is being developed in conjunction with border security agencies in Australia and the United States, with the primary implementation intended for visa screening and assessment services.