Software Engineer (Senior)
Fivecast is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our best-practice development team.
We write modern webapps using React.JS and back-end services in Java, with a healthy dose of automation and tooling to help maintain quality while moving fast. We do agile the right way, regularly shipping to production, listening to users and responding to feedback.
The position is 12 months fixed-term with permanent entitlements and strong opportunities for extension.
Minimum NV1 Defence clearance or eligibility to acquire one is mandatory (requires Australian Citizenship).
- Degree level qualifications e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Software Engineering roles
- Experience designing, implementing and testing software applications in Java
- Experience using relational databases and designing relational data models
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within an agile team
- Experience with search indexes or NoSQL document stores e.g. Elasticsearch, Solr, MongoDB
- An understanding of data science and machine learning techniques
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Location: Adelaide, Australia
- Posted: 29th July 2019
- Closes: 1st September 2019