Software Engineer (Graduate)
Fivecast is hiring a Graduate Software Engineer to join our best-practice development team.
You’ll be working with experienced people on challenging software problems, applying complex machine learning models developed by our Data Science team to large volumes of unstructured data. Our team is cross-functional, contributing to testing, operations and support as required.
We believe every graduate is unique and our aim is to help you build a solid foundation in your professional career, apply your learnings, and discover new possibilities. Our Graduate Program is designed for talented, passionate graduates and provides development opportunities through one-on-one structured mentoring and on-the-job training.
We write modern webapps using React.JS and back-end services in Java, with a healthy dose of automation and tooling to help maintain quality while moving fast. We do agile the right way, regularly shipping to production, listening to users and responding to feedback.
The position is 12 months fixed-term with permanent entitlements and strong opportunities for extension.
Minimum NV1 Defence clearance or eligibility to acquire one is mandatory (requires Australian Citizenship).
- Degree-level qualifications e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Knowledge of Java software development
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within an agile team
- An understanding of NoSQL document stores e.g. Elasticsearch, Solr, MongoDB
- An understanding of data science and machine learning techniques
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Location: Adelaide, Australia
- Posted: 29th July 2019
- Closes: 1st September 2019